Penned by accessible travel expert Candy B. Harrington, this access guide includes detailed information about accessible trails, sites, lodging options, tours and attractions in 12 of the author’s favorite Florida state parks. This handy resource features:
- Information on accessible trails and boardwalks that are suitable for wheelchair-users and slow walkers.
- Details on a wheelchair-accessible glass bottom boat tour in the Florida Keys.
- Accessible wildlife viewing opportunities, including the best places to spot manatees.
- Information about barrier-free camping options in the parks, including the site numbers and features of the accessible campsites and facilities.
- Detailed descriptions and lots of photographs of accessible cabins – some with roll-in showers — in the parks.
- Information on how disabled visitors can get discounts on park admission, tolls and campsites.
- The low-down on accessible swimming areas, including a crystal clear spring with a wheelchair lift.
- Accessible trails and attractions near the parks.
- Accessible auto tours, tram tours and pontoon boat tours in the parks.
This guidebook includes detailed access information that will help wheelchair-users and slow walkers get out and enjoy some the author’s favorite Florida state parks. Barrier-Free Travel; Favorite Florida State Parks for Wheelers and Slow Walkers is a great resource for seniors, parents with stroller-aged children, Baby Boomers, folks who just like to take things a littler slower, and anybody who uses a cane, walker, wheelchair or scooter.
A must have resource for an accessible visit to the Sunshine State.